Changing the windshield wipers of the car is a fairly simple operation, so you can do it yourself if you want to save the labor of the workshop. Of course, we emphasize that you should not neglect this maintenance work, since a front moon that is not clean can subtract 20% of visibility, with the consequent risk to your safety.
Steps to follow:
- You yourself will notice when the windshield wipers are not working properly, since the glass will appear with dirt in some areas even if you have just started them. The most advisable, if there is no problem before, is that you change them every 2 years. Read this article if you want to know more details about when to change the wipers.
- The first thing you have to do before changing the windshield wipers is to buy new ones at a specialized store, since there you will find a great offer and advice. Look closely to match the make and model of your car, because not all are the same. Take the instruction manual of your vehicle when you go to make the purchase if you consider it necessary.
- Once you have the new windshield wipers, activate the contact of your car and start the windshield wipers so they are in an upward position. Then, close the car contact. The objective of this operation is that they are up and you can easily carry out the change operation and minimizing the risks that you can scratch the glass.
- Now, to change the windscreen wipers, you must remove the movable arms, that is, more or less the outermost half. You will not need any additional tools, just a little skill and exert some pressure. Each model has a different form of extraction, so it is best to consult in detail the instruction manual of your vehicle.
- Once the mobile windscreen wiper arms are removed, you will find that you must place the new ones on a kind of hook. You will need some adapters that will come in the box of the product that you have bought and that are placed, also, exerting pressure, without the need of tools.
- Once you have placed the new arms, you have not finished the operation of changing the wipers. It is very important that you check that they have been properly installed before starting the march, since it could be a risk to your safety and that of other drivers if it were not so, since they could fall off. Try them at different speeds and, when you check that everything is going well, you will have finished.